March 14, 2008
Date night with Nick
Church parking lot, Champaign, IL
No editing
Note: So this looks much better when I open the photo from the file on my desktop. It's got deeper color and more defined lines. You can see the birds flying across the sunset much more clearly. So what happens in the uploading process that makes it look crappier? I tried uploading in all three sizes and it didn't make any difference. Thoughts?
Date night with Nick
Church parking lot, Champaign, IL
No editing
Note: So this looks much better when I open the photo from the file on my desktop. It's got deeper color and more defined lines. You can see the birds flying across the sunset much more clearly. So what happens in the uploading process that makes it look crappier? I tried uploading in all three sizes and it didn't make any difference. Thoughts?
1 comment:
So thoughts on this photo:
1) I really like it - even when I remove the emotions and feelings of how sweet it was to sit with you and watch God's artistry in the sunset. The color gradient, the clouds, the birds. Good job capturing the memory.
2) On the file: I'm pretty sure the file gets compressed during the uploading and posting on your blog process. So this thumbnail is 8KB and the full version (when you click on the pic) is 88KB. I'm not sure what your original file size was, but I'd guess is was more than 88KB. With image compression you're gonna start loosing the subtle color changes and crispness of lines. I'm sure you know that. I'm wondering if you loaded the pic up from iPhoto to picasa and then linked to it from blogger if it'd be more the original size or if that even compresses it.
We'll have to experiment with it sometime.
~ me
Post a Comment